On the Shape Auckland website you currently have the opportunity to submit your ideas for the Waitemata Local Board Plan. Revised every three years, the plans, one for each local board across Auckland Council, help guide decisions on local projects and activities.
The Waitemata Draft Plan is here.
On page 11, it highlights some of its priorities:
“Some of our proposed key initiatives involve progressing our Newmarket Laneways Plan, developing a multi-purpose facility in Grey Lynn Park, delivering a major upgrade of Pt Erin Pool and realising the vision for open space at 254 Ponsonby Road. It is important to note that this does not mean that funding for physical works is a foregone conclusion. Following investigations or plan development, we will consider our next steps, which could include seeking funding we do not currently have or deciding not to progress further.”
The plan is divided into key outcomes, which are as follows:
- Inclusive communities that are vibrant, healthy and connected
- Attractive and versatile public places that meet our communities’ needs
- The natural environment is valued, protected and enhanced
- A high quality built environment that embraces our heritage
- An accessible, connected and safe transport network with well-designed streets
- An innovative, productive and resilient local economy
While Grafton is not specifically discussed within the Draft Plan, many of the key outcomes are relevant to our community.
To have your say, consider taking part in the consultation process by one of the methods listed on the Shape Auckland page.