The Grafton Residents Association has collaborated to put together a submission on AT’s proposed parking changes, as previously discussed in this post.
The GRA submission is highlighted with asterisks below.
What do you think about the proposed residential parking zone?
1. Why does there have to be a green & yellow area? This is all Grafton.
2. Why does the yellow area have no time restriction?
3. Why are commuters encouraged to park all day in an inner city suburb for a very low fee, thereby preventing residents from parking close to their homes?
4. There is no mention of what fines will be imposed to discourage overstaying.
What amount do you think the paid parking fee should be?
(Proposed $1/hr for first 2 hours, $2/hr onwards)
*1. Why do commuters pay less to park in Grafton streets than they would in a local Parking building?
2. Commuters should be charged more for parking in the Grafton streets, not less than the local carpark building. This would encourage them to use the car-parking buildings or use public transport.
(Proposed (8am -6pm)/
(Proposed (Monday to Friday)
2. There are parking areas within the Grafton area that need to have the same parking restrictions as the rest of Grafton eg the parking area in Outhwaite Park.
3. All car parks in both yellow and green areas should have a 90 minute maximum.
4. Residents should be able to park in Yellow area if there is no parking available in Green area.
5. The parking restrictions will only be as good as the monitoring of the area.What best describes you?
- you can use the words supplied here
- you can simply say ‘I support the Grafton Residents Association submission’
- you can use your own words, either with the leaflet you received through your letterbox, or the web address shown above.
Thanks everyone for helping our case!